Monday, March 17, 2008

Favourite #42

Favourite
#42

My Cousin Vinny

My Cousin Vinny is the best courtroom-based fish-out-of-water comedy of all time. Now I want to talk to you all about how much I love Marisa Tomei. Not only is she a 2 time Academy Award Nominee, and also a one time winner, she's got a winning smile and a fine pair of gams to boot!

My personal favourite of all the people who have possibly wrongly
received a prestigious award. Other favourites include
3-6 Mafia's Oscar,
The Dallas Stars' Stanley Cup, and Frederick Reines' 1995 Nobel Prize for
Physics. Let's just say detecting the neutrino was done over a lunch hour
and he did it with a piece of wax paper and a comb.


One time I watched over half of MCV with the sound off in a shitty karaoke bar in Mississauga. I was on a date that was going no where but I kept looking up at the TV over the bar and remembering what the characters were saying at that time. I distinctly remember looking over at the part where that other defense lawyer they hire is stuttering and spitting out all of his words. Yeah, man, that wasn't so bad. If you can enjoy a movie that happens mostly in your head, that is something special. If you ever stumble upon one like I have with MCV, hang on to it for dear life - especially if it stars Ralph Macchio.

Remember: When Vinny has to wear that shitty suit? Oh man.
Or how about: When he slips in the mud after he slept in his car? Or when he hears that owl and runs outside of teh cabin in his undies? Yeah man, real good.

2 comments:

killahmcgillah said...

"What are you, a fuckin' world traveler?!"

Marissa Tomei deserved that Oscar, man. Totes.

Anonymous said...

You're DAMN RIGHT she did!