Friday, March 14, 2008

Least Favourite #43

Least Favourite
#43

American Beauty

To quote Sloan: "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans." This sums up my feelings on #43 of the garbage pile that is my least favourite movies, American Beauty. I'll say right off the bat that this movie isn't all bad. Kevin Spacey is actually pretty funny and plays the only half-intriguing character in the movie. Mostly though, he's a dude - and not in the cool dude or "The Dude" way. No, he's just a dude. Somehow a movie about a fucking DUDE with a high, HIGH concentration of hippie-bullshit and Thora Birch's tits is supposed to be this brilliant work of art? Well excuse me, but I fucking disagree. Much like what the piece of crap kid who films garbage and calls it beautiful catches on his camcorder, this movie is 90 minutes of garbage swirling around in a wind of farts.

Ok, so in the movie the garbage isn't swirling in a wind of farts and I don't actually hate this movie as much as it sounds like.

Image I wish I could see a few more times besides the tits: Chris Cooper smacking the stupid kid with the camcorder.
Image I wish could be wiped from my memory forever: Kevin Spacey beating off in the shower.

No comments: